Help a child or an adult improve their reading by becoming a tutor!
- Become a tutor and volunteer 30 minutes a week or more with a child in K-6th grade at a local elementary school.
- We provide tutor orientation, background checks, and placement.
- Tutors are also taught the Winners Walk Tall
character-building lessons to incorporate into the tutoring sessions.
- Work one-on-one with an adult student who is currently reading at or below 4th grade level.
- Tutor sessions can be held at our facility (preferred) or at a local library. For your reference, we are located just west of downtown in Queensgate at 1200 Gest Street, 45203.
- Adults are screened before your first meeting to determine their approximate reading level.
- We will provide tools, worksheets, and books to support your student's individual needs and reading level.
- If you are interested in becoming an adult tutor, please contact Liz.firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Children's Tutor Orientation
- If you are interested in tutoring children, you MUST attend one tutor orientation session (approximately 2 hours) prior to volunteering.
- Tutor orientation focuses on the five components of reading instruction and provides a manual and support materials.
- Background checks are required and you will need to fill out the paperwork at your session. Make sure you have your state ID/Driver's License and know your SSN.
- Please contact our Director of External Relations, Annie Schneider, at Annie@queencitybookbank.org or 513.621.7323 for more information, or sign up for our next Children's tutor orientation here. You will need to create your volunteer profile and then volunteer opportunities will become available to you.
- Please note tutor training dates will begin in September, 2022. The first tutor training session of the 2022-2023 school year will be held Tuesday, September 6th at 11:30 AM.
*Orientation not required if you will only be tutoring adults.
**Background checks are still required for both tutoring programs.
Thank you for sharing your time and talents!
You are making a tremendous impact supporting a
student in their educational journey!